Author Topic: LR Baggs anthem  (Read 2656 times)

Bassman45

• Have you ever seen a squonk's tears?
LR Baggs anthem
« on: July 11, 2012, 02:23:23 AM »
I just got my 810 back from the repair guy with a new LR Baggs Anthem, plugged it in and it sounded crap, no gain, sounded flat, asked the repair guy and he said there was nothing wrong from his end, all installed according to instructions... Then I noticed that the 9v wasnt installed!!!! Well, with that onbooard and a little tweeking it sounds fantastic! Life Lesson, dont assume that tecah will install the 9v....

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: LR Baggs anthem
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
Glad that worked out for you!  But any tech who says "it's all fine on my end" when he clearly didn't even take the time to install a battery and test it out (or maybe tested it, but kept his battery and didn't even bother to explain it to you in detail) is not exactly fulfilling what I would define as a customer-oriented guy ...IMHO, anyway.  But glad you like it ...lots of love for the Anthem.

Edward

MDS08

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:42:39 AM »
I had the Ibeam installed on my 910 and I love it. Sounds perfect! Enjoy your Anthem, I was looking at that one as well. Tell me how it sounds when playing it hard.
2010 910
2013 D18

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »
I have an LR Baggs Anthem in my Gibson J-45 TV and just this week noticed a noise when I picked up the guitar. Something flopping around in there. Yup, you guessed it. The velcro on the battery bag had detached ... I mean the glue side of the velcro that presses against the neck block. All that to say, just be careful how much you shake it around.

Couldn't be happier with how it sounds in action. Playin' hard ... playin' soft. All works fantastic.

Glad you got yours squared away. I'm with Edward. I might think twice about having that tech work on my guitar again. Just sayin'.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber