Author Topic: Solved my problem!!  (Read 1819 times)

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
  • Education is important! Guitar is importanter!!
Solved my problem!!
« on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:00 PM »
Well, I was wanting another acoustic/electric guitar and was going to sell my 1995 810 and get another one or trade it.   My friend who plays lead guitar in our band told me I was crazy if I got rid of it that it was a great guitar.  He convinced me to just keep it and put a pickup in it.  So that's what I did today!  My 810 is now an 810e with a Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup in it!! I am loving the sound and really loving the fact that I will be playing it onstage at our next show!!!
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2
2014 Bourgeois SS Adi/Hog Custom dread
2006 Charles J. Horner fiddle

not darth

• Veteran Member
  • Near the lake in Minnesota.
Re: Solved my problem!!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:51:28 PM »
Awesome!  Sometimes making a simple mod can breathe new life into and rekindle enthusiasm for an item!
:)
-K
Member #34
I'm not darth.

TaylorLover

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »
I heard they are excellent pickups. That's a lot cheaper than buying a new guitar. Enjoy!

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »
I heard they are excellent pickups. That's a lot cheaper than buying a new guitar. Enjoy!

I really like the sound!  With the bass boost off it sounds more natural on my particular guitar.  I am slowly tweaking it and the amp to get it exactly where I want it.  It was quite a bit cheaper than sending the guitar back to Taylor to get retrofitted with the ES system which was another route I was looking at.
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2

egkor

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:10 PM »

I really like the sound!  With the bass boost off it sounds more natural on my particular guitar.  I am slowly tweaking it and the amp to get it exactly where I want it.  It was quite a bit cheaper than sending the guitar back to Taylor to get retrofitted with the ES system which was another route I was looking at.

@tnfiddler, how are you doing with your 614ce?  I found a used 2008 614ce that played "hard" compared to my 2012 614ce, I've got it (the 2008) in the shop for a evaluation and setup.

I'm just curious if you got your 614ce to play as easy as your 810(e).  :)

-Gary K
Taylor- 614ce (2012), 315ce (2010)
Martin- DX1 (2009)

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:38:27 PM »

@tnfiddler, how are you doing with your 614ce?  I found a used 2008 614ce that played "hard" compared to my 2012 614ce, I've got it (the 2008) in the shop for a evaluation and setup.

I'm just curious if you got your 614ce to play as easy as your 810(e).  :)

-Gary K

I actually haven't messed with it.  The more I play it the more I get used to it.  I am actually going to use it for our songs we do in alternate tunings for awhile and play the 810 as my main guitar.   At the shop yesterday, one of the luthiers played the 810 and said that he loved the action being so low on it.  This winter when our shows slow down, I am going to take the 614 up to them and have them set it up real nice and sweet for me!   As of right now it is my secondary guitar!!!  :D
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2