Author Topic: Taylor Through Mixer  (Read 1290 times)

sifender56

Taylor Through Mixer
« on: August 11, 2012, 05:42:32 AM »
What eq settings do people like to use when putting their ES System equipped guitar through a mixer??

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
Re: Taylor Through Mixer
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 06:36:15 AM »
I attend the CAAS Convention every year and on a couple of occasions, I've asked Pat Kirtley and the sound engineer about the equalization settings for his 514ce. His guitar's controls are set flat, his K4 is essentially flat and the mixer's controls are set flat except for the bass control which is boosted by 1 dB.

Giraku

• I play exclusively fingerstyle.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
It depends on wood combinations of guitars. But in general, the ES system is well balanced so that it does not require lots of adjustment, as Herb Hunter said.
‘18 Taylor K14ce Builder’s Edition (Koa / Torrefied Sitka Spruce)
'16 Taylor 514ce LTD (Granadillo / Cedar)
'16 Taylor K22e LTD (All Koa)
'15 Martin D41 Purple Martin #29 of 50 (Cocobolo / Adirondack Spruce)
Sound Clips are here.

Von Beerhofen

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
I recorded with a flat EQ directly onto a digital medium using jacks and it's a good recording. I might add a bit EQ in the final mix though but it depends on what the other instruments do. Signal levels were a bit low, ballanced output should boost it though, improving S/N ratio considerably and allowing you to do more in the mixdown.
As for stage I can't really say, amplification feedback is a factor which may need changing the initial EQ but on stage it also depends on how well you like the monitored sound, after all the better you like that the better you usually perform.

Ludwig
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:24:50 AM by Von Beerhofen »