Author Topic: Hi UTGF members! I'd love some forum feedback from you all!  (Read 9746 times)

darylcrisp

Re: Hi UTGF members! I'd love some forum feedback from you all!
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »
welp

i thought about my response over the weekend and here are my end results.

i really enjoy the attention given to one of my favorite brands-Taylor, and a place to visit that is dedicated to that brand.

i never understood the AGF rule about no price discussion(which we all know is changed now)-and i don't understand it here, but its not something i have spent much time over thinking about. i do remember i had a taylor for sale a while back and a potential out of country buyer wanted to know how much the upgrade from the 2nd gen ES to current gen would cost-i put a post out there and some folks responded from the buyers country of origin and my post was deleted. i think i may have listed what taylor told me the cost of the service and parts were and i had listed that as well. there was a real strange feeling about that when it happened because i really needed that info-didn't know how to find out unless i posted it on the taylor guitar forum. in the end i posted it at the AGF and received the same info i would have here i assume.

i like the basic outline of the subforums and i think Herbs recommendations make a lot of sense concerning the electric part.

i don't have an issue with paying to be a member and to be able to post in the classifieds-same as the AGF, its a great service and these are the only two forums i post things for sale(well, the banjohangout also). never have needed or desired craigslist or ebay. that means a lot to me.

i think thats all i've come up with, i enjoy the atmosphere here and it seems to just get better all the time.

d
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:49:06 PM by darylcrisp »

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
Just for the record, I'm not looking for repentance or an apology.  I'd just like to know, before I once again make this site a habit, if it's safe to be here.

You asked.

Hello Dennis...nice to see you. :)

What transpired in the past was a learning experience for me. As the saying goes...hindsight is 20/20, and I am truly sorry we lost some of our members. 

So...is it safe to be here? Personally my response is YES! I would ask you and all the members to please make use of the 'report to moderator' feature if any post comes across as questionable, or please PM one of the mods or the Admin if you feel any particular member is being unfair.

Getting back to Josh's feedback request: there are MANY members here who have not weighed in with feedback. NOW is the time to let Josh know your thoughts...not AFTER any changes have been implemented. Even if you like the forum the way it is, please comment with your thoughts and/or constructive criticism. In fact, let me ask all of you this...what are the top 3-5 most important things on a forum to you? ???
Cindy

Snydermerge

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 10:49:45 PM »
I dig everything about it.  I followed agf for a bit but there's too much action if there is such a thing.  I just get lost.

Things I love:
* I'm a novice and I've never been made to feel dumb by asking a novice question
* great feedback and opinion when I do ask a question, novice or not
* I've made a few friends along the way
* I bought my beloved GA8 from a member here.

Thanks for all the work the team does.  I visit here daily.

Chris.
'08 Taylor GA8
PRS McCarty DGT
Martin D12X1AE
'14 Taylor T5Z
'73 Gibson Hummingbird
Rainsong H-WS1000N2

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »
Gonna 2nd the "Electrics/Amplification" subforum suggestion by Herb.

As for that rather large and unweildy title for the other mixed-bag forum, how about something as simple as:
"the Guitar and Player" ...where any guitar instrument or player-related Q or topic can be explored??

Edward

oatordeal

• Veteran Member
  • Manila, Philippines
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
the thing about this site is i'm not afraid to ask anything about guitars and the like. folks here are very warm and friendly. and most of all, we got michaelw!  ;D
Best regards,
Nims

814ce 2012
GS Mini Hog 2015
'52ri Fender Telecaster 2007