Author Topic: Fishman amplifier placement  (Read 1791 times)

Georgiaplayer

Fishman amplifier placement
« on: August 25, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »
I have played a couple of gigs with my Taylor 414Ce through a Fishman mini.  The first one I put the amplifier on the floor with a wooden wedge to tilt it back a bit behind me.  It sounded a bit muddy and bassy, so on the next gig I put it on an amplifier stand directly behind me.  This had the opposite affect, sounded tinny with very little bass.  I brought it home and experimented, aiming it at the wall behind me as well as directing it sideways.  I found that the bass response was much better and the tin sounding sting sound gone.  Just wondering if anyone who plays out with a loud box mini points their amplifier away from them for a better sound. 
Taylor 414CE

coreym1970

Re: Fishman amplifier placement
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
Those are good little amps.  I use a Fishman Loudbox Artist on stage all the time.  You should be able to tweak the EQ to make it sound the way you want it, then I suggest taking a picture of the settings with your cell phone so you can remember what the best sounds like.  Of course different venues are going to sound differently.  I also use a small amp stand to angle it right behind me and then use the direct out to go to the PA system.

nhbiker1961

• My duo
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 03:47:53 AM »
I have mine elevated on top of the PA which is also on top of a gig box behings me at an angle.

Taylor 414ce
Taylor 214ce
2-Godin A6
Fender-strat
Fender-teli
Peavey
Washburn 12 String
Godin SD
Epiphone Red Dot
Wahburn dobro
Les Paul
Peavey Bass
2 Fender Basses
Acoustic bass.

Georgiaplayer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »
I built a small stand out of plywood - 8" off the ground and 4" in the back so the amplifier tilts up.  The wood stand helps keep the bass and mid sounds while projecting it up.  Cost was about $12.00 for the 1/4" plywood, and a few dollars for a can of dark brown spray paint.  I got the idea off of you tube. 
Taylor 414CE